Contribute to the future of Liferay.
You can also contribute your ideas to the upcoming releases of Liferay Portal. We are interested in your ideas, your use cases and, based on your experience what could be good features to be added to Liferay Portal.
Make a formal Feature Request
0. Sign up for a Liferay account
Liferay will be using Liferay Ask to receive new feature requests. Liferay Ask requires a Liferay account in order to post new feedback on Liferay Ask.
1. Make feature request on Liferay Ask
In order to provide a feature request, create a new post in the Feature Requests sub topic on Liferay Ask.
2. What happens after I have created a Feature Request ticket?
Once the feedback has been evaluated, a member of our product team will respond to the post and provide a link to a Jira ticket if further action is needed.
Depending on this evaluation, the feature request in Jira could be marked as:
- New Idea: A feature request has been opened but the triage team has yet to confirm receipt and triage the request.
- Waiting on Information: Product manager is waiting for additional information from the reporter in order to further evaluate the feature request.
- Under Review: Product manager is reviewing the request.
- Reviewed: Product manager decides about the resolution of the request.
Reviewed Feature Requests will have one of the following resolutions:
- ALREADY IN THE PRODUCT: The problem / need is already addressed in the product.
- PRODUCT HIGH PRIORITY: The problem needs to be addressed ASAP because it is an urgent customer issue or a severe gap in the product.
- ALIGNED WITH ROADMAP: The request is related to something we are already working on (Now, Next or Later initiatives)
- NOT A PRIORITY: The requests makes sense for the product but is not likely to be addressed in the next 12 months
- NOT ALIGNED WITH THE ROADMAP: The request is not aligned with the product vision
- INCOMPLETE REQUEST: The necessary information for evaluation was not included in the ticket
3. What should I expect next? How can I help?