Issue with importing LDAPServerConfiguration - Forums
Issue with importing LDAPServerConfiguration
I have an issue with importing LDAP's server configuration. I tried to export the configuration on one server and then import it on another - it doesn't work. I tried on a totally fresh Liferay (version 7.4.1) and the issue is the same.
Steps I did:
- Create system configuration for LDAP server
- Exported it
- Put the file in LIFERAY_HOME/osgi/configs directory
- Restart the server
- Nothing happens, the config is not visible, when I try to create new config there is nothing filled from my config file
What I also tried:
- Debug the class LDAPServerConfigurationProviderImpl - I put the
breakpoint in each method. The
_configurationsvariable is simply not filled. I'm not sure how it should work behind the scenes though (how it is exactly filled).
- Exporting the the configuration from fresh instance A (only changed the url to see the effect) and importing in instance B - nothing happens as well
- Tried both companyId="0" and companyId="20100" but nothing works neither in system settings nor in instance settings
The name of my config is com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.configuration.LDAPServerConfiguration-3db6f4ea-10be-48d1-933e-e44016eb1442.config so I have the GUID.
I also tried with:
And they both work for the Auth/Export config so it's only the server config that doesn't work for me.
Do anyone have working configuriation file? Or perhaps some clues what I should do? Perhaps there is some extra step between exporting and putting in osgi/configs or afterwards to make the config visible?
Have you see, have you followed this instruction? https://help.liferay.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017892791-Managing-LDAP-Settings-Using-config-Files
That should work in 7.4. If it doesn't, I would try to identify where the process fails. Whether the config file is read by the deployment process, for example.
thanks for the response.
I saw that article. I think it's a little bit outdated though as now hashes are not generated for all configs. Anyway I tried manually adding them (using the same hash as for server config) and it still fails.
I tried to do some debugging in Liferay code but I couldn't exactly find out how the files are read in this particular case. I was hoping someone had the same issue :) If not then I might try to do some more debugging but I'm afraid a lot of time might be lost on that.
The .config files are managed by the org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager class. I would start debugging to see if the process goes to there at all. Just to identify if this is a deployment or other kind of problem.
By the way, have you tried to copy the .config file to the deploy folder instead of the osgi/config?